Volunteer Capital Centre (VCC)

Welcome to the Volunteer Capital Centre
http://www.volunteercapitalcentre.org

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Volunteer abroad organizations review


“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” ~Elizabeth Andrew. There are so many organizations out there that a volunteer can choose to use. It sometimes gets hard to choose which organization to use and to find reviews about the organization the volunteer has chosen. Although, there are websites which review and rate organizations depending on their clients experience. Some of the websites are abroad review and review centre, they get views from past volunteers and publish them on their site. This information is useful to find how the organization treats its clients. Here are some of the reviews from the websites:

Volunteer Capital Centre

I was a bit skeptical about using Volunteer Capital Centre (VCC) as I was unsure what goes on while you are abroad. But when I arrived in the country I was welcomed with so much love and care. They were waiting at the airport and took to me to a wonderful homestay. I immediately bonded with all the family members and they made me feel so welcomed. I was taken to my volunteer project and had the best time of my life. I worked in a community development program and it was hard and fun at the same time. I highly recommend this organization to anyone and I can’t wait to go back.


Volunteer HQ review

I Spent 3 weeks working with IVHQ in Nairobi. Best experience of my life and still upset at having left over 4 weeks later. The country and children I worked with really tugs at the heart strings. Already planning my next trip back there in 2012 hopefully. Had an amazing host family with grace and her two little ones and James from Fadhili ensured we were always happy. Cannot speak highly enough of the Kenyan people. Highly recommend as a destination.


Global Crossroad review

We (me and my wife) undertook a 3-Week Volunteer program (teaching) at an Orphanage in Arusha, Tanzania. This was our first such initiative in global volunteerism. From the very beginning Global Crossroads (Mr. Mohan) guided us in selecting the program, making local arrangements (and providing specific/ detailed info of Dos and Don’ts), calling the host Family, and list goes on. All the arrangements were as outlined and it turned out to be one of the life-time experiences (which we share with everyone and the listeners are surprised at our enthusiasm for such a positive view considering our age and food restrictions - Strict Vegetarian). We will be happy to provide/ e-mail correspondence with anyone who may have Qs. We are now ready to plan for next exotic country in 2013.


Ikando review

I think this organization probably used to be good. There was a change of management 6 months ago and since then the place has fallen apart. Volunteers get barely any support, the management team is unacceptably rude, and some placement hosts have accused Ikando of not paying up the promised donations. During my recent placement I saw several volunteers cut short their time with Ikando and return home early. I would recommend you find another organization to volunteer with.


Global vision International review

My time spent in the small hill tribe village of Huay Pakoot was among the most memorable experiences I have had up to date. Not only did the GVI staff offer help and guidance, but they also all exhibit the same passion and motivation that I aspire to emulate. I cannot emphasize enough how important the Thai Elephant project and the Elephant Vet Aid Outpost (EVAO) are in the fight for saving the critically endangered Asian Elephant (Elephas maximus) from the brink of extinction. The accommodation in Huay Pakoot is basic at best, BUT it is equalized by the hospitality provided by your home stay families, who cook and cater three meals a day for each volunteer. I am a vegetarian and had no dramas in having my home stay meet my dietary requirements. In saying that, the food that the locals cook is AMAZING! All produce is grown and harvested in the local area, so if you like fresh food, Huay Pakoot is the place to be.


A broad view review

Thanks again for making this happen for us, it was a life changing trip and hopefully the first of many volunteer abroad trips for me personally. I wouldn't hesitate to use A Broader View again, so I'm sure you'll be hearing from me in the future to help me coordinate another journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment